Specialist Training: The Knowledge Hub
NEXT TRAINING SESSION: 29th April 2021 – Welfare Benefits
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about your place.
Due to COVID-19 all training is currently conducted via Zoom. All training is APIL accredited and will count towards your Continuous Professional Development points. These sessions are free and there is no limit to the number of sessions that delegates can book.
Our experts help legal practitioners stay ahead of changes in legislation, finance and care matters by offering our training sessions free of charge.
Expert Training for Expert Practitioners.
Case studies will be used throughout.
Pension Loss Training
- What information you need to proceed with a pension loss claim
- Common mistakes to avoid
- What to do if occupation is unknown
- Maximum drawdown v GAD / Annuity rates
- Loss of Dependency Claims
- Benefits in Kind
- The way clients actually behave under advice today
- Lost years
- Loss of NI and State Pension Claims
Personal Injury Trusts
- When do clients need them?
- Which benefits are means tested?
- How capital affects means tested benefits?
- Rules specific to personal injury payments
- investment considerations
- claiming the costs
- Provide a brief overview of the welfare benefits system
- to help identify benefits applicable to your clients
- an overview of Universal Credit and issues you may face
- the Appeal Process
- case studies
- services we can offer
Avoiding professional negligence from a financial perspective
- Pension loss
- State pension
- Personal injury trusts
- Suitability of financial structure of award for a vulnerable client
- Welfare benefits
- Advice on divorce – prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Community care
- Testamentary advice
- Deprivation of liberty matters
- Experts’ costs
Trusts for Minors
- How funds for Minors are treated if held in Court
- Factors to consider when applying to move funds into a Trust
- Rules & Regs
- Trustee Act 2000
- Recent Case Law
- Case Studies
Financial Implications for Vulnerable Clients
- Rules, roles & responsibilities
- Risk Factors
- The settlement experience and life after
- Understanding investment costs
- STEP guidelines